Wednesday 14 March 2012

100 Ups

100 Ups and Barefoot Running
Just read a new article on the NY Times site by Chris McDougall (author of Born to Run). I am very interested in barefoot running and any principles of natural running - as I know I am heavy planter and very inefficent but mainly to avoid injury. It is all about getting back to ability we had as kids to run barefoot over any surface with a bouncy running style. I now do the majority of new training miles in Brooks Green Silence as I edge towards barefoot but it is more about the style than actually being barefoot for me.
Which is why this simple exercise called "100 Ups" from the 19th century that Chris talks about and demonstrates in the video interests me. I can understand the rationale why it could help. Think it is worth a try and will incorporate into training - will feedback here on any change as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment