Wednesday 14 March 2012

The first running of the Glen Ogle 33 Ultra

5th November 2011
Woke at 04:30am this morning for drive up to Strathyre to take part in the first Glen Ogle 33 Ultra. This madness was rewarded by stunning weather and an excellent course, with some good hilly challenges. One of the best races I have taken part in and was very happy with finishing in 04:58 and in 65th place (out of 130, so top half!!). While a slight change to the start (for the better I think) meant it may have came in around 31.5 miles - still meant it hit 50km+ so a "true" ultra.
As is the way with ultras, no medals for the effort (I love medals I do!!!) however very happy with a special edition bottle of my favourite Brew Dog beer. Free soup and pint afterwards were grand. Well done to the organisers and marshalls, definitely back if you promise the same weather!!!
Nice to see old friend Ross Laing out and some new ones. Final surprise was my Mum & Dad at the finish line to give me a hug - popped by to see on their travels up north!

No comments:

Post a Comment